The following athletic forms are required before any student-athlete can participate and/or tryout for a sport.
Eligibility for All Athletes: In the state of Maryland all athletes are required to have physicals annually. Any student trying out for a sport must have a current physical on file with the Athletic Trainer prior to the try out date. Any athlete who does not have a properly dated and signed St. Mary's Ryken physical form will not be permitted to try out.
Physicals at SMR
When: Saturday August 4th, 2018
Time: Football athletes at 9am, all other athletes at 10:30am
Where: Athletic Training Room (Paschal Hall)
Bring: Signed permission form and completion of the other 3 required physical forms via Athlete Medical Portal
Cost: $10 (cash or check made payable to St. Mary’s Ryken High School)
Sports Physical Packet Checklist
(Updated for 2018-19 school year)
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Form - MUST BE DATED AFTER JUNE 1, 2018
- Athletic Consent Waiver Form (completed by parent/guardian)
- Athletic Medical History Questionnaire Form (both student-athlete and parent/guardian sign)
- Emergency Contact Form (completed by parent/guardian)
- Parent Permission Form for Student Drivers (completed by parent/guardian)
*As of June 1st, 2018, all physical forms MUST be submitted online via the Athlete Medical Portal. All forms are accessible to be complete online through the Athlete Medical Portal and the Physical Form that gets completed by the physician can be uploaded directly to the Athlete Medical Portal. Please refer to the instructions below. No paper forms will be accepted, no exceptions.
**As of June 1st, 2018, any student that does not have a physical completed and on-file with the St. Mary’s Ryken High School Athletic Department must complete a Pre-Season and Summer Workout Consent Form to participate in any SMR Athletic sanctioned event outside of the sports season. Please complete the form online through the Athlete Medical Portal. For incoming Freshmen/Transfers, please refer to your teams coach or to the Athletic Trainer’s at St. Mary’s Ryken High School for a hard copy.
Also, we will be holding physicals on campus on Saturday, August 4th in the Athletic Training Room in Paschal Hall (enter through the gymnasium). Football player physicals start at 9am and all other athletes physicals start at 10:30am. The cost is $10 (cash or check made payable to St. Mary’s Ryken High School). They must have a signed permission form to get a physical (link below).
Logging Into Athlete Medical Portal
- The Athlete Medical Portal homepage
- Athlete ID – Your SMR Student ID Number (6 digits)
- Password – “new”
- Complete all yellow sections. Please list any medications, allergies, or medical alerts in the labeled boxes at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Save Athlete Information.”
- Physicals can be found under “Athletics” heading of the St. Mary’s Ryken website under “Forms”.
- All athletes must complete the Pre-Participation Form (dated after June 1st 2017), Medical History Questionnaire, Athletic Consent Waiver, and Emergency Contact Form prior to any participation in Athletic events (practice and games). If physical is not completed prior to off-season/summer workouts, please complete the “Summer/Off-Season Athletic Consent Form”.
- Login to the student’s profile with the individual credentials created.
- Choose the “eFiles” tabs. Follow the directions to upload the Pre-Participation Form.
- Chose the “Forms” tab to complete the other required documents.
For questions or problems creating the profile or uploading the paperwork, please contact the Athletics Department.
Please turn in all forms to David Hayes, Athletic Trainer, at email@example.com.
If you have other athletic related questions, please contact either the coach listed or B.J. Pumroy, Athletic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.