Learning Plan for the Fall 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
In preparation for the 2020-21 school year, currently in place is a task force to examine every aspect of life at St. Mary’s Ryken. This group of faculty and staff are developing concrete plans for a meaningful and safe experience for our entire community during the upcoming school year. Because we must prepare for a new school year that will include many unknown and variable factors, the task force is charged with addressing the following based on a "blended learning environment", continuation of eLearning or a complete return to daily face to face instruction and activities:
- Academic Excellence - Curriculum and Instruction, Teaching and Learning Resources, Community Engagement
- Logistics and Health - Space Utilization, Health and Safety, Security
Below are frequently asked questions that the task force has compiled. We will continue to add to this list as new information becomes available. Updates will also be communicated in the Principal's Newsletter and by text messages.
Updated: June 15, 2020
- We chose SMR for the faith life. How will SMR continue to support my child’s spiritual growth and development if students continue to learn at home?
- How will SMR address my student’s documented learning differences?
- How will SMR support our students as they participate in college searches and applications?
- How will SMR encourage and facilitate our students’ internship program goals?
- Athletics are important to my student. What can we expect from SMR regarding the athletic experience and team camaraderie if practices are delayed and competitions are postponed?
- How will SMR provide counseling services to our students?