Spend a Day as a Knight
Please note that Knight for a Day visits are postponed at this time due to COVID-19 guidelines, however we are offering individual family tours, by appointment. To schedule your visit, please email the admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience, and God bless.
Guidelines to Spend the Day as a Knight
1. A parent must complete the registration and consent form below.
2. All arrangements must be made through the Admissions Office at least ONE WEEK in advance of the requested date. Please note that in order to provide a valuable experience, SMR limits the number of visitors per day.
3. Students should arrive at the Donnie Williams Center at 9:30 am. Parent parking is provided in the lot immediately following The Donnie Williams Center on the left. Please follow the "Knight for a Day Parking" signs. Students should be picked up at 2:15 pm at the same location as drop off.
4. Dress appropriately. If a visiting student currently wears a school uniform, he or she should wear what they would normally wear to school. Students who do not wear a uniform should wear pants (no jeans, leggings or athletic wear) and a collared shirt. Girls may wear a skirt; however, it must touch the top of the knee. Please keep in mind that SMR is comparable to a small college campus. Students move between five different buildings throughout the day, so it’s important to dress for the weather and consider comfortable shoes.
5. Lunch will be provided compliments of SMR, or visiting students may choose to bring a lunch from home.
6. Visiting students are encouraged to bring a book to read, or homework, in case their host student has a test or quiz.
Questions? Contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
What Recent Visitors Say About Spending the Day as a Knight
"I am very interested in attending St. Mary's Ryken because it offers academic excellence, a positive learning environment, a commitment to service and the ability to participate in the WCAC athletic conference. These opportunities are all important to me and I am confident that I can succeed in this environment.”
"After visiting for a day, I fell in love with St. Mary’s Ryken. The campus was beautiful, my welcome was warm, the teachers were connected, the technology was impressive, the chapel experience was humbling and the lunch was great!”
"After spending the day at SMR, I knew that St. Mary’s Ryken was for me. I felt like I belonged there, something that I don’t feel at the school I’m at now. My brother attended St. Mary’s Ryken and is now in college. He has told me that St. Mary’s Ryken prepared him for college in ways he couldn’t even have imagined, and I want the same experience in my life.”