Knight for a Day
Knight for a Day visits for the Class of 2027 and transfers will begin in October 2022.
Want to see what it is like to be a St. Mary's Ryken Knight?
Students in grades 8 - 10 are invited to join our community for the day and learn what SMR is all about. This is the best way to get the true St. Mary's Ryken experience. Students are paired with a current SMR student, attend classes, enjoy lunch on us, explore our beautiful campus, and experience the day in the life of an SMR student.
Guidelines for Participating in the Knight for a Day Program
1. A parent or guardian must complete registration. To sign up, click the button below and complete the admissions application. (Don't worry! You aren't officially applying until you have completed the entire admissions checklist.) After you complete the admissions application, you will receive an email from Veracross with login credentials to the SMR Admissions Portal. Login to the Admissions Portal and complete the "Knight for a Day Registration" checklist item. The admissions application AND Knight for a Day Registration must be complete to confirm registration. You will receive an email from the Admissions Team 1-2 days after registration with confirmation details.
2. Knight for a Day registration must be completed at least ONE WEEK in advance of the requested date. SMR takes pride in matching visiting students with SMR students who have similar interests. We are unable to honor registration requests less than 1 week from the requested visit date. Please note that in order to provide a valuable experience, SMR limits the number of visitors per day.
3. Students should arrive at the Donnie Williams Center at 9:00 am. Parent parking is provided in rows 4 and 5 of the Donnie Williams Center parking lot. Students should be picked up at 1:30 pm at the same location as drop off.
4. Dress appropriately. If a visiting student currently wears a school uniform, he or she should wear what they would normally wear to school. Students who do not wear a uniform should wear pants (no jeans, leggings or athletic wear) and a collared shirt. Girls may wear a skirt; however, it must touch the top of the knee. Please keep in mind that SMR is comparable to a small college campus. Students move between five different buildings throughout the day, so it’s important to dress for the weather and consider comfortable shoes.
5. Visiting students agree to abide by the rules in the St. Mary's Ryken Student & Parent Handbook.
6. Lunch will be provided compliments of SMR. Visiting students are welcome to bring a lunch from home.
7. Visiting students are encouraged to bring a book to read, or homework, in case their host student has a test or quiz.
Questions? Contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.