Knight for a Day
Knight for a Day registration is now closed.
Campus tours are still available. Contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Want to see what it's like to be a St. Mary's Ryken Knight?
Students in grades 8 - 10 are invited to join our community for the day and learn what SMR is all about. This is the best way to get the true St. Mary's Ryken experience. Visiting students are paired with a current SMR Knight to attend classes, explore our beautiful campus, and experience a day in the life of an SMR student. And lunch is on us!
Guidelines for Participating in the Knight for a Day Program
1. Read this entire page before scheduling your visit.
2. A parent or guardian must complete Knight for a Day registration at least ONE WEEK in advance of the requested date. SMR takes pride in matching visiting students with SMR Knights who have similar interests, and this takes time. Honoring our request for a week's notice will allow us to provide a valuable experience.
3. Visitors must be dressed appropriately. Students who currently wear a school uniform should wear their uniform to SMR. Students who do not wear a school uniform should wear attire that would be appropriate for church. Visitors may not wear jeans, leggings, athletic wear, shorts, cropped tops, or any ripped clothing. Young ladies who prefer a skirt or dress must choose one that is at least knee length. SMR is comparable to a small college campus. Students attend class in six different buildings and have plenty of time outdoors, so it’s important to wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather. If it's calling for rain, visitors should bring an umbrella, and if it's going to be chilly, please have your child wear a jacket.
4. Lunch will be provided compliments of SMR. Visiting students are welcome to bring lunch from home if they prefer.
5. Visiting students are encouraged to bring a book to read, or homework to do, in case they have downtime. We try our best to avoid having visitors sit through tests or quizzes, but it may happen on occasion.
6. Visiting students agree to abide by the rules in the St. Mary's Ryken Student & Parent Handbook.
7. Knight for a Day visits begin at 9:00 am at the Donnie Williams Center. Parents driving their student should go straight through the gate at the entrance of the parking lot, and turn left into row 5. Then, pull right up in front of the Donnie Williams Center door. An Admissions Team member will be at the door to greet your child at 9:00 am. Students should be picked up at 1:30 pm at the same location as drop off. Parents can stay in their vehicle for drop off and pick up, unless you'd like to speak to an admissions representative.
9. Questions? Contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com, and a team member will be in touch.