Knight for a Day
Guidelines for Participating in the Knight for a Day Program
1. A parent or guardian must complete registration. To sign up, click the button below. This takes you to the admissions application. (Don't worry! You aren't officially applying until you have completed the entire admissions checklist.) Next, an admissions checklist will be created for you. Knight for a Day Registration is checklist item number one.
2. Knight for a Day registration must be completed at least ONE WEEK in advance of the requested date. Please note that in order to provide a valuable experience, SMR limits the number of visitors per day.
3. Students should arrive at the Donnie Williams Center at 9:30 am. Parent parking is provided in rows 4 and 5 of the Donnie Williams Center parking lot. Students should be picked up at 1:30 pm at the same location as drop off.
4. Dress appropriately. If a visiting student currently wears a school uniform, he or she should wear what they would normally wear to school. Students who do not wear a uniform should wear pants (no jeans, leggings or athletic wear) and a collared shirt. Girls may wear a skirt; however, it must touch the top of the knee. Please keep in mind that SMR is comparable to a small college campus. Students move between five different buildings throughout the day, so it’s important to dress for the weather and consider comfortable shoes.
5. Visiting students agree to abide by the rules in the St. Mary's Ryken Student & Parent Handbook.
6. Lunch will be provided compliments of SMR. Visiting students are welcome to bring a lunch from home.
7. Visiting students are encouraged to bring a book to read, or homework, in case their host student has a test or quiz.
Questions? Contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.