Featuring curriculum from the nationally recognized program – Project Lead the Way.
The Scholars Program offers STEM pathways in:
- Computer Science
In addition to these specialty pathways:
- Global and International Studies
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
The goal of the Scholars Program is to offer accelerated curriculum concentrations to our students who want a more rigorous and advanced course of study in a specific field.
The STEM curriculum uses Project Lead the Way (PLTW), the nation’s leading provider of STEM programs. PLTW’s success in preparing students to succeed has been recognized by many colleges and universities.
Benefits of the SMR Scholars Program include:
- Participation in a selective academic program with specialty pathways
- Internship opportunities
- Flexible scheduling to allow for electives of choice
- Exclusive field trips
- Capstone senior project with presentations to local professionals with consultation and feedback
- Distinguished addition for college applications
- Recognition at graduation and Scholars Program diploma
To be selected for the Scholars Program, the following criteria will be evaluated:
- Student’s high school placement test results
- Grade-point average
Please review the lists below for required courses per pathway. The pathways can be individualized for each student based on their interests.
For additional information and questions, please contact:
Mr. Brad Chamberlain, Dean of Academics at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-373-4188
Mrs. Susan Allison, Academic Coordinator at email@example.com or 301-475-7681.