The St. Mary’s Ryken Scholars Program offers accelerated curriculum concentrations to our students who want a more rigorous and advanced course of study.
38 Graduates from the Class of 2021 received the Scholars Program Diploma of Distinction! Read more here.
Featuring curriculum from the nationally recognized program – Project Lead the Way, the Scholars Program offers STEM pathways in:
- Biomedical Science
- Computer Science - Focus on Cybersecurity
- Engineering - Focus on Aerospace Engineering
In addition to these humanities pathways:
- Global and International Studies
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
The STEM curriculum uses Project Lead the Way (PLTW), the nation’s leading provider of STEM programs. PLTW’s success in preparing students to succeed has been recognized by many colleges and universities.
Benefits of the SMR Scholars Program include:
- Participation in a selective academic program with specialty pathways
- Flexible scheduling to allow for Scholars electives
- Exclusive field trips
- Capstone senior project with presentations to area professionals with consultation and feedback
- Distinguished addition for college applications
- Recognition at graduation and Scholars Program diploma
- Internship opportunities with local companies and organizations
To be selected for the Scholars Program, the Admissions Team and Dean of Academics will evaluate the following criteria:
- Student’s high school placement test results
- Grade-point average
- Portfolio or audition (Visual and Performing Arts pathways)
- Interview with the Dean of Academics may also be required
- Download Scholars Program Flier
Please review the lists below for required courses per pathway. The pathways can be individualized for each student based on their interests. For additional information and questions, please contact:
Mr. Brad Chamberlain, Dean of Academics at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-373-4188.