Learning Differences Support Services
For Students With Learning Differences
As part of our mission, St. Mary’s Ryken offers support services to students with learning differences. We are equipped with fully qualified staff, and students are admitted into the program through the regular admissions process.
SMR provides assistance for students with diagnosed learning disabilities such as ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, and medical conditions that affect their performance in the classroom. Services include classroom and testing accommodations, and daily or weekly help with a resource specialist.
To obtain support services for your child:
- Submit a St. Mary’s Ryken admissions application and indicate that support services are needed.
- Submit psycho-educational test results, the student’s 504 plan, current IEP, or CAP plan, and letter of medical or ADHD diagnosis
- Once your test results are received, a resource specialist will contact you, and an accommodation plan will be prepared.
- For more information about psycho-educational testing or for referrals to qualified testers, please contact, Resource Specialist JoAnn Depperschmidt: firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-475-2814 ext. 462.
After reviewing the student’s application for admission and the testing information provided by the family, the resource specialist will recommend one of three options tailored specifically to the student’s needs:
- An accommodation plan
- An accommodation plan and a weekly meeting with the resource specialist
- An accommodation plan and daily resource period placement
Questions? Please contact one of our Resource Specialists or the Admissions Department.