College acceptance success
Particpation in activites and sports
Homestay housing and support
Focused on each individual student's success, everything at St. Mary's Ryken High School- academics, athletics, social activities - prepares our International student graduates to be successful as they pursue a higher education in selective college and beyond. International students enjoy specialized services during their years at SMR and yet are able to integrate into every aspect of high school student life.
- International student population is less than 3% of student body so students feel unique on campus and easily integrate
- Full-time International Programs Director for international student support needs - Focused on international student success and integration
- Specialized Introductory Theology class for first year students
- Specialized Academic English course for Non-English speakers with emphasis on TOEFL skills needed for our full-immersion English environment
- Special International Student Events and activities
- Dedicated International Student office for every aspect of school life and support services
- Tailored, One-on-One, College Advising for International Students
- Cross-cultural support
- Leadership Development Opportunities and Mentoring
- 100% acceptance rate for US colleges and universities
- Specialized New International Student Orientation week
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.
Are you ready to become a Knight?
*Strong academic record - Submit transcripts grades 6-all high school levels completed
*60+ TOEFL or equivalent for 9th grade admissions - increases with grade level
*Desire to enroll in college after graduation from SMR
*Desire to actively participate in SMR academics and extra-curricular activities
Full application information here:
How to Apply
International students apply to St. Mary's Ryken through one of several international agencies. Choose the agency that works best for you and your family. Please review the preferred partner agencies page. (The St. Mary's Ryken online application is for domestic students only.)
If you have any questions, please contact the Director of International Programs:
Mrs. Cheryl Shevchuk
Interested in Becoming a Host Family?
Host families are an essential for a positive high school experience for our international students. Host families give their student the opportunity to learn American culture and customs as well as provide a comfortable, safe, supportive environment. Enjoy getting to know one of our amazing international students and make a difference in their lives. SMR is looking for great families! Get more information today.
Host family basic requirements:
Provide a private bedroom and meals
Transportation for the student
Agree to a security/background check for adults in the home
For more information, please contact:
Director of International Programs