St. Mary's Ryken is a coeducational, college preparatory school located an hour and a half south of Washington, D.C. Our 87-acre campus is located on Breton Bay and is similar in style to a small, college campus.
St. Mary's Ryken has welcomed students from all over the globe - including the countries of China, South Korea, Germany, Italy, Great Britain, Nigeria, Lithuania, Spain, Serbia, Turkey and the Congo.
Everything at St. Mary's Ryken - academics, athletics, social activities - prepares our graduates to be successful as they pursue a higher education in college and beyond:
- Small class sizes with a student/faculty ratio of 13:1
- International student population is 5% of student body
- 24 Advanced Placement classes
- 70% of our faculty hold a master's degree or higher
- Our students' SAT scores are well above the national average
- Accelerated course curriculum for advanced students in STEM; computer science; language arts & social studies;global relations; and medicine & health sciences.
- Over 60 clubs and organizations
- 1:1 iPad program
- Tailored one-on-one course counseling and college application mentoring
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
How to Apply
International students apply to St. Mary's Ryken through several international agencies. (The St. Mary's Ryken online application is for domestic students only.)
If you have any questions, please contact the Director of International Programs:
Mrs. Cheryl Shevchuk
Interested in Becoming a Host Family?
Host families give their student the opportunity to learn and experience American culture. Your family will not only gain a new family member, you will also learn about a different culture, its values and traditions, language, food and more.
Host families must provide a bedroom and necessary transportation for the student, and must agree to a security/background check.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Internation Programs