Counseling & College Advising
The SMR Counseling Team
The SMR Counseling Team supports students socially, emotionally and academically throughout their four years. Students are assigned a counselor based on the student’s last name and will stay with that counselor throughout their time in high school. This fosters a strong counselor and student relationship.
Services provided by the SMR Counseling Team include:
- Small group counseling based on students’ needs
- Classroom guidance lessons
- Parent-only events that cover topics such as technology addiction, course selection, searching for college scholarships, making the most of summer vacation, etc.
- College preparation and application process curriculum integrated into academic classes
- College night events with appropriate content for each grade level and parents
- Annual on-campus college fair with over 40+ colleges represented
- Student workshops on how to write college essays, applying for scholarships, selective admissions, and how to choose a college to attend
- Counselors also work one-on-one and in groups to identify a student's strengths and to guide them in course selection
- Partnership with SMR Learning Resource Specialists to help students navigate the challenges of the classroom.
For additional information and questions about the college advising benefit to your child’s SMR high school experience, students and parents are encouraged to reach out to the SMR Counseling Team.