If you want to earn your master’s degree, postgraduate degree or teaching certificate, we will help pay for it!
Everything you want in one place
Do you love the outdoors? Do you want to enjoy being on the water, fishing or boating? Do you want to be within driving distance of the city (Washington D.C. Annapolis or Baltimore)? Do you want to enjoy a quiet lifestyle within a welcoming community? You’ll love southern Maryland!
Mentoring Team for First Year Teachers & IT Support Staff
SMR has a dedicated IT team to assist faculty and students with their day-to-day needs. First year teachers benefit from a mentoring support team that meets regularly.
Small Class Sizes
Students are focused on their academics and respectful.
Practice your faith at work
Faculty and staff have the opportunity to attend daily Mass, monthly All-School Mass, receive spiritual direction, attend retreats and pray during their classes.
Our beautiful, waterfront campus is welcoming and offers a high school experience like no other in southern Maryland. Our college-like campus encourages outdoor time and walking between buildings.
- 87-acre waterfront campus with 4 academic buildings, chapel, health and wellness center, campus cafe, flight academy, STEM lab, theatre, 6-lane track and professional stadium
- 690 students in grades 9-12 from 6 counties and Washington D.C. and 2 states
- Average class size is 20
- 11:1 student to faculty ratio
- 41 honors courses, 28 AP courses and 29 fine arts courses
- Scholars Program with 7 pathways
- 70% of our students participate in athletics
- Being a Catholic community.
- Our Xaverian values: humility, trust, zeal, compassion and simplicity
- Preparing our students for success in higher education and beyond.
- Offering and promoting academic excellence.
- Fostering mutual respect to ensure a safe environment for the spiritual, mental, physical and emotional development of our students.
- Protecting the rights and embracing the contributions of all individuals within our community.
- Acknowledging the transitional period between adolescence and young adulthood and supporting the growth of our students.
- Addressing the learning differences of our students within the college preparatory curriculum.
- Motivating our students to show integrity and leadership in actions through responsible citizenship.
- Generous 403 B retirement plan
- Term Life Insurance (100% employer paid)
- Long Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Medical and Dental Insurance (50% employer paid)
- SMR tuition assistance for dependents of full-time employees starting year 1
- Faculty members earn 10 days of sick leave per year
- Tuition remission for 50% of graduate coursework.
- Zero interest loans for the remaining cost.
- Special cost reductions at certain institutions for Catholic school teachers.
- Daily access to on campus health and wellness facilities
- Generous planning time
- Practice your Catholic faith at work
- Attend retreats Be a part of a supportive, work environment on a beautiful waterfront campus
- Coach one of 17 different sports
- Moderate clubs
- Be a summer camp counselor as part of the SMR summer camp program to earn extra income
- Receive a 50% discount off of SMR summer camps for dependents