St. Mary's Ryken is a coeducational, college preparatory school located an hour and a half south of Washington, D.C. Our 87-acre campus is located on Breton Bay and is similar in style to a small, college campus.
St. Mary's Ryken has welcomed students from all over the globe - including the countries of China, South Korea, Germany, Italy, Great Britain, Nigeria, Lithuania, Spain, Serbia, Turkey and the Congo.
Everything at St. Mary's Ryken - academics, athletics, social activities - prepares our graduates to be successful as they pursue a higher education in college and beyond:
- Small class sizes with a student/faculty ratio of 13:1
- International student population is 5% of student body
- 24 Advanced Placement classes
- 70% of our faculty hold a master's degree or higher
- Our students' SAT scores are well above the national average
- Accelerated course curriculum for advanced students in STEM; computer science; language arts & social studies;global relations; and medicine & health sciences.
- Over 60 clubs and organizations
- 1:1 iPad program
- Tailored one-on-one course counseling and college application mentoring
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
How to Apply
International students apply to St. Mary's Ryken through several international agencies. (The St. Mary's Ryken online application is for domestic students only.)
Students from China and Hong Kong complete the application through Cambridge Institute of International Education. Please see "Students from China and Hong Kong" tab.
Students from all other countries complete their application through one of the following agencies:
The Nacel Open Door Private School Program:
Toll free: 1-866-530-4253
American Homelife International:
AHLI Director Washington DC Area
If you have any questions, please contact the Director of International Programs:
Mrs. Cheryl Shevchuk
Students from China and Hong Kong
All students from China and Hong Kong must apply for admission through the Cambridge Institute and should direct their inquiries to our representative:
Why The Cambridge Network?
St. Mary’s Ryken has partnered with The Cambridge Network to ensure the best possible international program for our international students. The Cambridge Network’s international student program prepares students for life abroad prior to arriving at the school and continues to provide international students with on-going support throughout the school year.
To apply, please contact: The Cambridge Network at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have questions? Use this link for further inquiries:
Complete the application through Cambridge Institute or Nacel.
Pay application fee.
Submit the following documents:
- transcripts (in English) from your middle school and high school
- TOEFL, SLEP or iTEP scores (Target scores for TOEFL: 60 for 9th grade; 70 for 10th grade; and 80 for 11th grade
- immunization certificate
- copy of passport
- proof of funds
- two letters of recommendation: one from an English teacher and one from a math or science teacher
Skype interview with the Director of International Programs
After all materials are submitted and interview is completed, student will be contacted with an admissions decision within two to three weeks.
Interested in Becoming a Host Family?
Host families give their student the opportunity to learn and experience American culture. Your family will not only gain a new family member, you will also learn about a different culture, its values and traditions, language, food and more.
Host families must provide a bedroom and necessary transportation for the student, and must agree to a security/background check.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Internation Programs
|1 of 1|
|1 of 1|