Mr. Jason DeLucco
Room: 315 Xavier Hall
Phone: (301) 475-7664
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Available by appointment or e-mail anytime
- Economics Holt McDougal
- Black and Blue ink pens ONLY
Evaluation and Grading
The grade scale can be located in your handbook and is as follows:
A 100 – 90
B+ 89 – 88
B 87 – 80
C+ 78 – 79
C 77 – 70
D 69 – 65
F 64 – and below
Grades will be weighted as follows:
Classwork/ Homework 30 %
Your Grade is your responsibility.
- Adhere to all guidelines of the SMR house rules posted in the room
- Follow the provisions of the student handbook; especially dress code
- Attend, pay attention, and be prepared for class EVERYDAY
- Arrive to class on time, be ready when class is scheduled to begin; lateness will not be tolerated
- Actively participate in all class discussions and activities
- Do their own work - plagiarism will not be allowed and the SMR honor code will be enforced
- Complete assignments on time; late work will not be accepted unless the student has an excused absence. If you do have an excused absence then you will have the number of days you were absent to make up the work missed in class; for example if you missed two days then you will have two days to make up the work. If you have an excused absence on the day of a test, you are required to set up a time with me to take that test within a week of the absence. Late work will not be graded as quickly as other work, make a note of this.
- Retrieve any missed assignments from the teacher; I will not seek you out.
- Write your name on all assignments, I will not accept anything that does not have your name on it and you will receive a zero
- The test center is a privilege; you will be given one week to make up a test in the test center. If you do not go to the test center in that week; a 0 will be placed in the gradebook and you will need to take the test with me afterschool.
- Complete all given assignments and readings; not all will be collected but you are responsible for all information whether it is collected, quizzed, or tested
- Remain silent when I am talking or one of your classmates is talking
Class Schedule and Scope and Sequence
Each section of the book will have one day devoted to it. There will be a review day after the last day of the chapter followed by the day of the test.
This is a rough estimate and is subject to change.
- Economies and Choice
- Market Economies at work
1 – 7
- Money, Banking, and Finance
- Measuring and Monitoring Economic Performance
- Role of Government in the Economy
10 - 16