St. Mary's Ryken IT Department is dedicated to deliving the highest quality tech support to the school's students, faculty and staff. Our staff specializes in delivering quality education technologies to the classroom and evaluating the latest technolgical teaching tools. Here is a list of some of the technolgies that we deliver to our faculty and students:
- LCD Projectors in every classroom
- Mimio Interactive Systems designed to allow instructors and students to manipulate, highlight and draw objects directly on the LCD projection from the computer (similar in function to Smart Boards).
- Student computers with products such as Visual Studio 2008, Office 2010 and Adobe Creative Suite CS4.
- Two large computer instructional labs and two smaller labs for language and college research
- Five laptop carts that include 16 computers, a printer and network access. A teacher can roll the cart into any classroom and easily set it up.
- 802.11g and 802.11n wireless networks for students and faculty.
- Secure network environment including a comprehensive content filter to keep students safe and focused on academics.
- Pearson Powerschool, which allows for electronic grading and student record keeping allowing more access to student development and evaluation.
As we introduce new teaching technologies into the classroom, we are also committed to instructing and supporting all of our faculty and staff on using these technologies to further their instruction in the classroom.
Our dedicated team is also trained to handle emergency situations, keeping downtime to a minimum.