How to Apply
Students attending a Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of Washington need to complete the Archdiocesan Choice Form distributed by your principal (usually in November) and return it to the elementary school. By selecting St. Mary's Ryken on this form, your school records, test scores and teacher recommendations will be forwarded to St. Mary's Ryken.
1. Complete and return the admissions application.
2. Pay application fee ($50.00).
On-line Application Fee
3. Essay: Please write a brief essay introducing yourself to the admissions committee. Make sure to highlight at least three qualities you consider to be your best attributes.
Send the essay as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Request an unofficial transcript and submit two teacher recommendation forms from your current school.
The unofficial transcript must include grades and test information from the previous two years.
Request for Records form
Math Teacher Recommendation form
Language Arts Teacher Recommendation form
5. Take the High School Placement Test (HSPT).
The HSPT is being offered on Saturday, June 1, 2013. To register for the test call the admissions office at 301-373-4183/4184.
Information about the test
- Students attending a Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of Washington will take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) at their elementary school.
- Students attending a public or non-Catholic private school take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) at St. Mary's Ryken (usually on the second Saturday in December).
- Transfer students are not required to take the High School Placement Test (HSPT). They will be required to complete an interview.
*Note for all applicants: admissions interviews may be required and the school that you currently attend may be contacted for references.